What We Do
The Association owns and manages affordable homes in the communities of Shettleston, Springboig and South Greenfield.
Our aims are to:
- Deliver the highest quality of housing services and customer care to residents by providing a sensitive and efficient management and maintenance service to tenants and owners.
- Contribute to community regeneration through the provision of good quality housing, at affordable rents or prices, for people in housing need who wish to live in the area.
- Broaden our services wherever possible to meet the wider needs of the community.
- Work with both public and private sectors to generate the maximum possible investment in the community.
- Lets around 230 homes for rent every year.
- Accepts applications from anyone who wishes to live in the area.
- Allocates homes on the basis of housing need within clearly defined categories.
- Charges affordable rents.
All our homes:
- Are maintained to the highest standards.
- Are subject to annual gas safety inspections.
- Receive regular cyclic maintenance, including gutter cleaning and external painting.
- Receive periodic upgrades of components and fixtures.
Our Maintenance Service:
- Operates to demanding timescales and targets.
- Ensures repairs are quality checked.
- Provides for regular tenant satisfaction checks.
We aim to grow and develop within Shettleston by:
- Acquiring land and building new houses for rent or purchase - see Developments and Projects
- Developing wider community initiatives that will benefit local groups - see Developments and Projects
The Association has developed new initiatives for the benefit of both the organisation and the wider community:
- Upkeep, a subsidiary company of the Association, provides a range of services to both Shettleston and other Glasgow associations
- The East End Housing Development Company, which has been set up to develop home ownership and other housing opportunities in the area
Further information on the Association’s services is available on this website, within our office reception area or on request.
Shettleston Housing Association Ltd is a Registered Scottish Charity, No: SC036687. It is also Registered under the Co-operative and Community Benefits Act 2014, Registered No. SP1884RS. Property Factor Registered No. PF000226. Authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority, No. FRN730115