Welfare Rights advice
Meet your Welfare Rights Officers:
David Forbes 0141 763 2811 George Dunlop 0141 763 2818
You can also contact the Welfare Rights team by SMS on 07407492606.
Do you need advice on Social Security Benefits or Tax Credits?
Our Welfare Rights Officers are here to help you.
This is a free and confidential service.
Our Welfare Rights team provides a wide range of benefits advice and can help you with:
- 'Better off’ calculations, choosing the right benefits for you
- Help you to fill in benefit claim forms
- Protect benefits you are already getting
- Help you to understand and/or deal with benefit letters
- Speak to the benefit authorities on your behalf (with your verbal or written authority)
- Appeal against and then, if required, represent you at benefit appeals or tribunals
- Refer you onto Money Advice Service if money or debt problems are identified.
Who can use our Welfare Rights service?
- People whose home is rented from Shettleston Housing Association
- People whose home is factored by Shettleston Housing Association
How do I get advice and/or make an appointment with a Welfare Rights Officer?
Contact Welfare Rights Officers, David and George, through any of these methods:
- Call the office on 0141 763 0511 to talk to u and/or make an appointment.
- E-mail David and George directly on the email addresses provided above.
- Call in person at one of our Welfare Rights drop-in sessions, held on Wednesdays from 9am to 12pm and 1pm - 4pm, at the Association’s office on Pettigrew Street.
Click on the links below for information on various Welfare Rights advice related matters:
Authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority, No. FRN730115