Following the UK and Scottish Government announcements last night we have now made further changes to our services to help restrict the spread of the coronavirus. This update provides details of some significant changes to our services that have taken effect from today, including changes to our repairs services, estate services, major projects and lettings.
- Until further notice we will only be able to carry out emergency or very urgent repairs and essential safety checks like gas safety inspections. Emergency repairs are only those which seriously affect the occupation of your property, by posing a danger to health and property or by making your home insecure. These include:
– Burst pipes/leaks
– Water ingress
– Complete blockage of soil or waste pipes
– Dangerous structural condition, e.g. falling masonry or roof tiles
– Total lack of water and/or heating
– Total loss of electrics/faulty electrics
– Total loss of security due to broken windows or damaged door or broken lock/lost keys
– Shower repair – only if no bath
– Toilet not flushing/blocked (if only one in property)
– Unsafe access to property
Our emergency contractor will attend to make safe, and undertake any work that they can to complete the repair and restore any loss of service. In some cases this may mean a temporary repair, providing this leaves your home safe and secure and will not affect your occupation of the property.
To help our repairs team accurately assess the work required to be done, please email a photograph of the affected area to firstname.lastname@example.org where possible.
We are aware that the Council’s pest control service has been suspended, therefore, in addition to the above, our emergency pest control contractor will attend to treat an infestation of rats, mice, squirrels only where these are within your property.
- Our Estate Services, delivered through Upkeep, are now suspended. This includes: close cleaning; back-court maintenance and bulk pull-out and grass-cutting/landscaping.
- All major repair contracts (e.g. window replacements) are also on hold.
- All lettings work has been suspended. If you require urgent rehousing then you should contact the homeless casework team on 0141 276 6152 or 0141 276 6153.
Please note that whilst our office is closed our staff are still working and able to provide advice and support to tenants over the telephone or on-line. If you are concerned about being able to pay your rent, or any other tenancy matter, then please contact us as soon as possible on the usual number to speak to your housing officer, welfare rights officer, money or energy adviser.
We will be continuing to provide updated information on our website and social media pages about Universal Credit and other benefit related matters.
During these difficult times, if you or a someone you know finds themselves in a crisis, please contact Social Care Direct, during office hours on 0141 287 0555 or on textphone 18001 0141 287 0555. If you need this service outwith office hours, you can contact Glasgow and Partners Emergency Social Work Services on 0300 343 1505.
Please keep an eye on our website and Facebook page for further updates as the situation develops.