When you apply you will be advised if you have been placed on the “Active” or “Non-Active” list. Allocations are only made from the “Active” list. Applicants will only be removed from the “Active” list for the following very specific suspension reasons:
- an applicant or member of household has acted in an anti-social manner
- outstanding debts in relation to a previous tenancy and there are no plans in place to repay the debt
- given false statement or misleading statement on application form
- been subject to an order of recovery ie; evicted from a tenancy
- abandoned a previous property
- threatening or violent behaviour within a residential property and surrounding areas.
- intentionally worsened their own circumstances to promote their application for housing
- already been made one or more offers of rehousing
Other than the suspensions outlined above the Association will only remove an applicant from our list if they fail to respond to an annual review, an applicant requests this in writing or if deceased.