Repairs and Maintenance

Gas and electricity

If you smell gas…

  1. DO NOT turn electric switches on or off
  2. DO NOT smoke or use a naked flame
  3. DO turn off the gas supply at the meter
  4. DO open doors and windows to get rid of the gas
  5. Phone TRANSCO on 0800 111999 BUT DO NOT use the phone in your home if that is where the smell is

What do I do if I lose power or the lights go out?

Check to see if your neighbours are also affected. If so, call Scottish Power on 0845 2 700 700.

If the fault is in your home only:

  • Check that your power card or meter is in credit
  • Check your trip switches.

Can I change my gas or electricity supplier?

Yes, by contacting your preferred supplier.

What if I want to change my meter?

If you wish to have a power card instead of electricity meter or a Quantum meter instead of a standard gas one, you should contact your supplier. Or if you want a pre-paid system removed and a standard meter fitted you should also arrange this with the supplier.