If you smell gas…
- DO NOT turn electric switches on or off
- DO NOT smoke or use a naked flame
- DO turn off the gas supply at the meter
- DO open doors and windows to get rid of the gas
- Phone TRANSCO on 0800 111999 BUT DO NOT use the phone in your home if that is where the smell is
What do I do if I lose power or the lights go out?
Check to see if your neighbours are also affected. If so, call Scottish Power on 0845 2 700 700.
If the fault is in your home only:
- Check that your power card or meter is in credit
- Check your trip switches.
Can I change my gas or electricity supplier?
Yes, by contacting your preferred supplier.
What if I want to change my meter?
If you wish to have a power card instead of electricity meter or a Quantum meter instead of a standard gas one, you should contact your supplier. Or if you want a pre-paid system removed and a standard meter fitted you should also arrange this with the supplier.