Repairs and Maintenance

Report a repair

Please click here to see our repairs leaflet  – “Our Repairs Service”

Repair Priorities and Response Times

Shettleston Housing Association will prioritise reactive repair work on the basis of urgency.

The priority system will distinguish between:
a) Emergency Repairs– Repairs which if left unattended would seriously affect
the occupation of a property by posing a danger to the structure of the
building, the health of occupants or neighbours or by making a property

Completed within 4  hours.

b) Urgent Repairs– Repairs which if left unattended would interfere with the
normal occupation and use of a property by a tenant.

Completed within 3 working days.

c) Routine Repairs– Those repairs not included in the emergency and urgent
categories and those that do not fall under the heading of Cyclical and

Completed within 10 working days.

If there is something that needs repairing in your home, then please check below if it is something we can repair for you, then contact us to report it.

Who is responsible for what?                           

We are responsible for keeping in good repair the structure and exterior of your home and we will also maintain and repair most fittings in your home. Accidents can happen but you are responsible for the repair of damage to any item caused by yourself, family member or visitor.

What are you responsible for?

We do not insure your furniture, belongings or decoration against theft, fire, vandalism and burst pipes and other household risks.  You need to take out your own insurance.

We can help our tenants and residents obtain home contents insurance easily and at a price that is affordable.  While many people often hope that nothing will happen to their belongings, sometimes things can go wrong unexpectedly.

With a special scheme arranged and administered by Thistle Tenant Risks, our tenants and residents can protect their belongings and gain peace of mind knowing if the unexpected happens, they have cover.   Information is available from your Housing Officer, or from our office.   You can also contact your bank or check online for other home insurance providers.

The table below shows you a summary of who is responsible for repairing which elements of your home.

DOORS Door Bell (except door entry)
Door Chain
Door Name Plate
Door Viewer / Eye Viewer
Door Locks (mortice & Yale)
Stair Doors & Closers
Flat Door & Glasses
Keys Lost or Broken
Forced Entry
Burglary (if reported to police and Incident Number given)
KITCHEN Cooker (unless provided by Association)
Cooker Socket
Kitchen Units
Sink Bowl & Drainer
White Goods (unless provided by Association)
PLUMBING Blocked Sink, WHB, Bath or Toilet (up to trap)
Domestic Cold Water Supply
Internal/External Downpipes (Rain & Soil) & underground drain
Hot Water Supply (inc HW cylinders)
Plugs & Chains, renewing
Tap Washers (fitting or renewing)
Damage to Sinks or Sanitaryware
HEATING Fires (unless fitted by the tenant)
Gas Boilers
Pipes & Radiators
Electric Storage Units/Connectors
WINDOWS Glass (unless it can be proven to be vandalism)
Windows – Frames, catches and handles
ELECTRICAL Communal TV Ariel
Individual TV Ariel
Light Fittings (exc table lamps etc.)
Plugs (inc fuses)
Smoke Detector Battery Replacement
Smoke Detectors & Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Switches & Sockets (after trip switches are checked)
Wiring Circuit (inc. fuse box)
Light Bulbs & Tubes
BATHROOM Bath (unless chipped or damaged by you)
Shower Unit (unless fitted by Tenant)
Toilet Seat
Wash Basin
Roughcast & Plastering
OTHER Bin Stores
Clothes Poles
Front/Rear Boundary Fence (unless erected by Tenant)
Inside Decoration
External Decoration
Pest Infestation
Carpets and Personal belongings

Contact Maintenance

If it is us that is responsible for the repair, then contact our office.

If it is you that is responsible for the repair, you might find our ‘handy tips’ page helpful.