This service is provided for all Retirement Housing tenants and any other tenants that require assistance to maintain their tenancies. The assistance provided with this service includes:
- Providing one to one tailored support that allows tenants to stay in their homes for as long as possible
- Arranging support and refer tenants to other agencies that can provide help and advice on mental health and well-being.
- Practical assistance with referrals to G-heat regarding fuel bills or setting up an energy account.
- Updating tenants on the latest government funding and assisting with applications.
- Reporting of repairs
- Checking smoke alarm
- Checking Cordia alarm ( where applicable)
- Arranging fire home safety visits
- Completing fire safety checks
- Home visits to those wishing to apply for Retirement Housing (to give advice on the service)
- Assisting individuals to make arrangements to move into properties- possibly making referrals for removals, decorators etc.
- Advising on how to read meters arrange new bills, transferring of phone line, council tax, utility bills, Virgin/ Sky TV/ Broadband etc.
- Making a referral for a Cordia alarm to be installed/ possible additional equipment
- Arranging for paperwork to be sent to Cordia
- Updating Cordia about any changes
- Advising on how to use heating
- Advising on how to use aids/ adaptations
- Assisting to arrange direct debits
- Assisting to arrange welfare right appointments/ visits
- Working in partnership with tenancy sustainment teams
- Making referrals to social work/occupational health, GP, District Nurses
- Arranging gas service visits
- Advising of what activities/health initiatives going on within community venues
- Assistance dealing with any antisocial behaviour
- Advising on how to make a complaint
- Referrals to the community connector services.
Referrals can be made through your Housing Officer or by calling the Tenancy Sustainment team on details provided below:
Carole King Tenancy Sustainment Officer: 07785762363
Our Tenancy Sustainment officers are available Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.00pm.